Page views

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

impress your dinner guests with this!!






This pesto is perfect on pasta, over homemade ravioli, or just spread on a piece of crusty bread!!  
If you love pesto, you MUST try this recipe!    












This past summer I searched for a REALLY good pesto recipe that included all of the fresh herbs from my garden--basil, italian parsley and mint.  I found it!  


This is the BEST pesto I have ever tasted!!  
Thank you, Food Network & Giada De Laurentiis, 
this will always be my "go to" pesto recipe!


Basil, Italian Parsley & Mint Pesto

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1 tbsp. anchovy paste
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil

INSTRUCTIONS:
In a food processor (I use my blender), combine the basil, parsley, mint, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, anchovy paste, pepper and garlic. 

Pulse until chunky.

With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil until the pesto is smooth.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment