Page views

Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas decor--in the KITCHEN!




















CANDY FILLED JARS!

There is always that ONE spot that I can't seem to find the right decoration for!  For me this year, it was that awkward, recessed "hole" over the cooktop in the kitchen!   

So, I went "shabby chic"!  Inexpensive, fast, and SUPER CUTE!!!  Glass canning jars (that can be wiped--I'm a messy cook!) filled with the cheapest Christmas candy I could find and, a simple red ribbon--DONE.    

BUT--There are so many things you could do with these!

~paint the lids

~etch OR paint the glass  

~layer different types of candy in the jars!

~put cookie mixes or hot cocoa & marshmallows in them!

(I have to remember these things for NEXT YEAR!!)

One tip someone gave me a LONG time ago:  group similar decorations in 3's.  It always works for me!!

My decorating is just about done...then, back to cookie baking! 












No comments:

Post a Comment