Page views

Monday, January 26, 2015

A delicious salad for dinner...or lunch!


So, I thought this would be a GREAT dinner... 

It was REALLY yummy but, unfortunately it didn't go over well with the family (men!).  They say they want a HOT meal for dinner.  They really liked it but...not for dinner.  I thought it was perfect for dinner--I LOVED IT!  

But, I guess I'll serve it at lunch time from now on!  

The dressing on this salad is REALLY GOOD!  Add whatever veggies your family likes!  Just thinking...baby corn would be great in this!!!  








Spinach Salad with Chicken & Asian Dressing
(4 servings)

INGREDIENTS:

salad:
1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and diced
1 container baby spinach
8 oz. pasta of choice, cooked and cooled (I wish I would have used rice noodles!)
1 can sliced water chestnuts
1 large carrot (I used my peeler to cut it into fine strips)
1 large green pepper, cut into strips
3-4 green onions, chopped (white & lots of green!!)
1 cup snow peas or snap peas (Sadly, I forgot to add the snap peas I bought.)
1 cup Bean sprouts (we don't like them, so I leave them out.)
toasted sesame seeds

dressing:
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (a light one!)
4 tbsp. cane sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sesame oil
3 tbsp. soy sauce (I use low sodium--if you use regular, add the salt last and only if needed!) 
2 tbsp. rice vinegar
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Combine all dressing ingredients.  (I like to use a jar with a lid so I can shake it to blend the ingredients.)

Put all salad ingredients (except sesame seeds) into a large bowl and toss with a small amount of dressing to coat lightly.  

Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over the top.  

Serve with extra dressing on the side.

Enjoy!!  






No comments:

Post a Comment